We are looking for a motivated, client-centric Payroll Consultant who shares our passion for helping organizations support their Payroll processes our new HRIS cloud solution. Our product consists of a Core HR module, Time and Attendance, Scheduling, Applicant Tracking, and Payroll. You will be part of the “Designated Success Duo” that supports the success of Carrera Lee clients.
This individual will utilize their extensive payroll knowledge and experience to support client payroll cycles by providing back office support and services. This individual will assist in the initial gathering of payroll requirements, and in insuring the final system configuration is a best-fit-solution for the payroll needs of newly on-boarded clients.
- Working with clients with 1-500 employees to support and finalize all their payroll runs.
- Customer service, developing strong business partnerships with clients, including the owners or their respective Human Resource, Payroll, and/or Accounting personnel
- Assist clients with the preparation and processing of hourly and salary payroll as needed.
- Coordinate and manage the completion back office processes for each payroll cycle, for each client.
- Reviewing reports, verifying totals, and cross-referencing within our software
- Assisting in quarter-end and year-end reporting, and tax return preparation
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality of client’s employee database and its content
- Proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Kronos Workforce Ready, MasterTax) and databases.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
- Bachelors degree/Certification in relevant field.
- Personal computer and reliable internet access.
Job Type / Term:
1099 Contractor / 6 months term – renewable
20 – 25 hours/week
Negotiable: Hourly Rate (commensurate with experience)
Optional: Portfolio Commission structure available